As a benchmark for quality, it will improve the playing experience for all. It also recognises the club's commitment to coaching, player and coach development and the raising standards of behaviour in football.
The FA Charter Standard Club Programme has three levels:
- FA Charter Standard Club (Youth, Adult)
- FA Charter Standard Development Club
- FA Charter Standard Community Club
Benefits of FA Charter Standard
Clubs that achieve the award are able to access a comprehensive range of benefits
- FA plaque;
- Nike Equipment Package
- Use of FA Charter Standard logo on all club literature, material and kit;
- Enhancement of funding applications;
- Discounted rates available on Nottinghamshire FA coaching courses;
- Access to end of season awards at the annual Nottinghamshire FA Awards evening;
- In-service events organised by the Nottinghamshire FA;
- Access to tickets for England Youth and Women’s Internationals;
- Plus various other opportunities throughout the year that may arise (eg. Grassroots Live tickets, Women’s FA Cup tickets, etc).
Charter Standard Annual Health Check
To support clubs in maintaining the standards of The FA Charter Standard Programme, an annual health check process has now been introduced for all FA Charter Standard Clubs that will replace the existing three year renewal process.
This will support clubs in:
- Tracking the validity of their voluntary workforce in relation to coach education and welfare.
- Identifying their workforce / coach education requirements for the season. The health check form presents information held on your club and the volunteers withing the club together with asking questions regarding how the club adheres to The FA Charter Standard criteria.
The information gathered year on year will be maintained to help build a greater picture of the volunteer structure at your club so we know what further support you need. In the documents section below please find the FA's "Charter Standard Clubs" literature which provides clubs with guidance on how to receive or generate their unique club health check form, and how to complete it correctly.
The Nottinghamshire FA will be able to support you with all elements of the Health Check so please do contact them for further support and to receive a copy of your club Health Check form.
All FA Charter Standard clubs are required to complete and return their Health Check form to the Nottinghamshire County FA by the end of March each year.
If they have not done so their FA Charter Standard accreditation may be suspended. If a club has not completed their Health Check form or contacted the Nottinghamshire County FA by the end of June each year, their accreditation will expire.
On completion and submission of the Health Check form the club will receive a Nike equipment package.
To find your local Charter Standard Club please click here!
If you would like more information please contact:
T: 0115 9837413