As a benchmark for quality, it will improve the playing experience for all. It also recognises the club's commitment to coaching, player and coach development and the raising standards of behaviour in football.
The FA Charter Standard Club Programme has three levels:
- FA Charter Standard Club (Youth, Adult)
- FA Charter Standard Development Club
- FA Charter Standard Community Club
Charter Standard Annual Health Check
To support clubs in maintaining the standards of The FA Charter Standard Programme, an annual health check process has now been introduced for all FA Charter Standard Clubs that will replace the existing three year renewal process.
This will support clubs in:
- Tracking the validity of their voluntary workforce in relation to coach education and welfare.
- Identifying their workforce / coach education requirements for the season. The health check form presents information held on your club and the volunteers withing the club together with asking questions regarding how the club adheres to The FA Charter Standard criteria.
The information gathered year on year will be maintained to help build a greater picture of the volunteer structure at your club so we know what further support you need. In the documents section below please find the FA's "Charter Standard Clubs" literature which provides clubs with guidance on how to receive or generate their unique club health check form, and how to complete it correctly. Nottinghamshire FA will be able to support you with all elements of the Health Check so please do contact them for further support and to receive a copy of your club Health Check form.
All FA Charter Standard clubs are required to complete and return their Health Check form to the Nottinghamshire County FA by the end of March each year. If they have not done so their FA Charter Standard accreditation may be suspended. If a club has not completed their Health Check form or contacted the Nottinghamshire County FA by the end of June each year, their accreditation will expire. On completion and submission of the Health Check form the club will receive a £100 Umbro gift voucher.
If you would like more information please contact:
T: 0115 9837413