Girls Football Week
Female Football in Nottinghamshire is on the rise
The FA’s Gameplan for Growth has the targets of doubling girl’s participation in the sport by 2020. The strategy for women’s and girls’ football at grassroots level includes initiatives such as SSE Wildcats and FA Girls Football Week.
The recent successes and exposure of the England Ladies team along with the ongoing support and drive of the Nottinghamshire Girls and Ladies Football League has seen more females playing football across the County with over 130 teams currently competing in the league from U9’s – Open Age. Along with this we are increasing our female football participation via other opportunities that exist including a regular 5 aside.
Starting in April we are pleased to announce where the SSE Wildcats Girls’ Football Centres from the FA will take across Nottinghamshire. These have been launched by the FA and SSE as an initiative designed to inspire girls aged between 5-11 to be involved in football.
SSE Wildcats Girls’ Football Centres provide girls with regular opportunities to play football and take part in organised sessions in a fun and engaging environment. 200 centres were established across England in 2017 and a further 800 are in place for 2018.
These sessions take place on a weekly basis and provide a safe environment for girls to have fun engaging with football, make new friends, develop fundamental skills, try a variety of sessions and create foundations for a lifelong love of sport.
- Arnold Eagles – Redhill Leisure Centre - Contact: email@example.com
- Beeston – Trent Vale Sports Ground - Sign up here
- Bingham Town – Bingham Leisure Centre - Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bulwell Athletic – Mellish Sports Centre - Contact: 07977496848
- Lowdham – Caythorpe Cricket Club - Contact: 07564343610
- Eastwood Girls CFC – Hall Park Academy, Eastwood - email@example.com
- Football Express – Nottingham College, Farnborough Road, Clifton - Sign up here
- Mansfield Town Ladies – Mansfield Town Football Club - Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newark Town Girls – Magnus Community Sports Centre, Newark - Contact: email@example.com
- Notts County – Notts County, Meadow Lane - Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thorneywood – City College Nottingham, Carlton Road - 07885888725
FA Girls Football Week
As part of Girls’ Football Week (23-29 April), The FA has teamed up with Disney to inspire girls across the country to play the game and get active with the help of some iconic Disney characters.
The nationwide participation initiative will give girls, of all ability levels, the chance to play football with an added sprinkle of Disney magic and storytelling.
Sessions run by qualified coaches will take place across the country, using football resources created by The FA.
Disney-inspired drills will feature strong, determined and mould-breaking characters, who take their destiny into their own hands and follow their dreams, including Rapunzel from Disney’s Tangled, Moana from Disney’s Moana, and Judy Hopps from Disney’s Zootropolis.
For more information, to register and find a session near you click here.
Organisers can register their sessions here.
For further information regarding SSE Wildcat Centres or FA Girls Football Week please contact Leanne.email@example.com