Get on board
I’m sure by now that you have all heard of the England DNA. No? Where have you been? It’s all about you as coaches helping your players develop outstanding technical ability. One way you can do this is by introducing them to Futsal.
In 2016 Portugal became the European Champions, winning Euro16 in France by beating the hosts in the final.
In 2018 Portugal became the European Futsal Champions, beating Spain in the final in Slovenia.
Coincidence? Some would say not. Many of the world’s top footballing nations introduce their young players to the game of Futsal at an early age, and use the game to improve their technical ability.
The benefits of playing Futsal include;
- The Players will have increased touches and decisions to make (master the ball)
- The players will have increased opportunities to: accelerate, decelerate, change direction, stop and start, dodge and feint (master your body)
- Players are under constant pressure and have limited space (seek creative solutions)
- The players will have more tactical challenges to overcome (instinctive decision making)
- There will be more opportunities to shoot, pass, move, dribble and play 1v1 (be exciting with the ball)
- The players will have to react to transition more often (instinctive decisions)
- The players will have to defend as an individual and as a team (intelligent defending)
Futsal could be a great way to get your players indoors; giving them new experiences which will help their game (think long term player development). You can mix your sessions to have a week playing futsal and see how your players react to the challenge of a different game.
As a coach there are coaching courses that you can do in order to help you deliver fantastic Futsal sessions.
We have a number of courses coming up in the next few months:
The FA Level 1 in Coaching Futsal – to see more details and book online click here.
The FA Level 2 in Coaching Futsal – to see more details and book online click here.
There are opportunities to play Futsal in the County, but we will be working with partners and leagues to increase the offer over the coming seasons.
There are some fantastic resources for Futsal contained within the Foundation Phase DNA Hive pages. To access these click here. (You need to be registered on HIVE first)