Or maybe you just simply want to understand why certain refereeing decisions are made?
Well you're not the only one, more and more people of all ages, genders, races and abilities are getting into refereeing.
We currently offer three referees courses:
The FA Mini-Soccer Referees Course (14-16 Years Old)
This course is designed for those who do not wish to go through the basic referees 11v11 course, but would like to concentrate solely on officiating on mini-soccer.
The initial four units will be as follows:
- Understanding your role in Mini Soccer – outlining the background to the game and the important role you play as referee within it.
- Developing your role – helping to create a safe learning environment and considering the practical applications of the laws
- The realties of the role – considering the need to deal with players, parents and coaches and the general management of the game
- Your role as an educator – considering how to educate players as well as refereeing the game
Following this you will then go out and officiate three games of mini soccer before returning for a fifth unit to review their role and be registered as a Mini Soccer referee with The Nottinghamshire FA. The CRB check for those over 18 and the Safeguarding Children Workshop will be delivered before they finish the fourth unit to fully ensure you are prepared to referee your first game.
PLEASE NOTE: This course will only qualify you for Mini-Soccer. You will not be a registered 11v11 referee. Should you wish to go into 11v11 football, you can opt to join a basic referees course.
The course costs £125 (includes kit and equipment)
The FA Referees Course (16+ Years Old)
This course is designed for those who are 16+ who would like to go into 11v11 refereeing.
There are 5 modules as outlined below:
- Modules 1-4 will cover: Theory/Practical Delivery - The key skills required to be a football referee, theoretical information of the 17 laws of the game and other important skills such as positioning, movement and decision making. The module will also cover everything you need to know about reporting misconduct.
- Assessment of Experiences: Reviewing and receiving feedback and also managing expectations.
In order to participate in this course you must be 16+.
The course costs £150
Mini Soccer Conversion Course £65
- Minimum Age: 14
- Course Duration: 9 Hours
- Course Prerequisites: Existing Mini Soccer Referee qualification
- Who is it for: This course is open to anyone who is interested in officiating 9v9 or 11v11 football who already has a mini soccer referee qualification.
- Course aims and objectives: To provide learners with an introduction to 9v9 or 11 aside refereeing, identifying the skills required to effectively referee games in this format. Following the initial training the candidates will be expected to referee a minimum of six games before returning for a review session during which their knowledge of Law will be assessed.
- Leading to: Full Referee Status
The course consists of 2 modules with the following elements:
- Differences between Mini soccer and the 11 a side game
- Reviewing your role as a Referee
- Practical Involvement: Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (The qualification cannot be completed unless the six games are officiated).
Practical Involvement: Candidates are encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning. (This however will not prevent successful completion of the award)
Assessment: All workbook tasks must be completed and evidenced documentation of the student’s six games experience completed and verified by the Tutor and the examination completed on the Call Back Evening.
This course costs £65