FA Pitch Improvement Programme
Access professional support to maintain and improve your grass football pitch.
The need for this service is more relevant now than ever, given the current economic times and the pressures facing grassroots football.
The FA Facilities & Investment Team has been working in partnership with Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) to develop a Grass Pitch Maintenance service that can be utilised by grassroots football clubs with the simple aim of improving the quality of grass pitches. The key principles behind the service are to provide football clubs with advice/practical solutions on a number of areas, with the simple aim of improving the club’s playing surface.
A number of professional football club groundsmen have been identified and signed up to the service and will be available to visit selected clubs. To qualify for a visit, a club will need to own their own site or be responsible for maintenance of the grass pitches.
- Clubs complete and submit an Expression of Interest Form if they wish to join and commit to the 12 month programme.
- Nottinghamshire FA will coordinate the time and date of the first visit in conjunction with the selected club.
- Nottinghamshire FA will notify the Pitch Advisor of visits and all relevant details
- A report is produced by the Pitch Advisor with a copy for the club and Nottinghamshire Fa.
- Club follows recommendations and actions.
- Feedback sought from club following agreed milestones and timescales, based on the recommendations provided by the Pitch Advisor.
- Should the maintenance recommendations not result in an improved pitch or surface, there may be some further improvement work required on the site and the club can discuss funding options with the Nottinghamshire FA Business Development Manager.
- Nottinghamshire FA will contact the club to organise a follow-up visit for 12 months after the original assessment date to gauge whether interventions have been successful, the standard of the playing surfaces have improved and offer further advice on next steps
Costs and Payment
The cost for the programme is £150 per facility which includes two visits and a report. Clubs will be required to pay Nottinghamshire FA, 14 days in advance of the initial visit following receipt of an invoice.