UEFA B 201819
UEFA B – 2018/19 Application Process
Last year was the first year to see the UEFA B coaching course delivered at a County FA level. Following on from the success of this, applications are now open for the 2018/19 UEFA B class!
What is the UEFA B Course?
This internationally recognised qualification develops the core principles of the England DNA that relate to – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player.
It will help you refine your own beliefs, values and coaching/playing philosophy while supporting you to develop your players, units and team.
It will ask you to look at the players you work with and explore how you can help develop them through designing practices that meet their technical and tactical, physical, psychological and social needs. It will also help you to understand the demands of the game and how to meet the needs of players as they build a deeper understanding of their various roles and responsibilities within the team.
It will help you to reflect on, realise the impact of, and justify the decisions you make, whilst encouraging a long-term view of player development that links to player performance.
What is the format of the UEFA B Course?
- 4 Blocks of delivery (3 days, 2 days, 2 days, 2 days) - these will take place from September 2018 - June 2019
- 9 Days of delivery (split into 18 Workshops)
- 3 in-situ visits situated between Blocks 1-2, 2-3, 3-4
- Please note that in-situ support visits must only be conducted face-to-face, in England
Who is the UEFA B Course for?
This course is for active coaches working in the 11v11, 9v9 or 7v7 game within competition structures. Last year saw 125+ coaches apply for a place on this course! Due to the high demand, acceptance will be based on the following priorities:
- Working in the adult/youth 11v11 game with an FA Youth Award
- Working in the adult/youth 11v11 game with an FA Youth Award Module 3
- Working in the adult/youth 11v11 game
- Working in the youth 9v9 game with an FA Youth Award
- Working in the youth 9v9 game with an FA Youth Award Module 3
- Working in the youth 9v9 game
- Working in the youth 7v7 game with an FA Youth Award
- Working in the youth 7v7 game with an FA Youth Award Module 3
- Working in the youth 7v7 game
What are the pre-requisites for the UEFA B Course?
As a minimum, you must have the following to apply for a place on the course:
- FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Be able to effectively communicate in English
- You must be actively coaching with a Nottinghamshire club
If you like the sound of the above and feel you meet the criteria, you can apply now for your place on the UEFA B course by clicking here. The application deadline is 25th May, so make sure you don’t miss your chance to secure a place!
In addition to this, Nottinghamshire FA are hosting a UEFA B information evening on the 24th April at our offices in Chilwell. This is your chance to find out more information about the course, ask any questions you have, and gain an insight as to what the course involves and what is required from all candidates taking part. The evening will be led by our CCD Chris Dowhan plus guests who will be there to answer any questions you may have. To book your space on the evening, please click here.