We thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times. The following information applies to Grassroots Football at NLS Feeder Leagues (Step 7) and below and the Women’s Football Pyramid below Tier 6 and applies to all member clubs and leagues affiliated or sanctioned by County FA’s in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Sheffield. We fully appreciate and thank everyone of our volunteers involved in the grassroots game across the East Midlands & South Yorkshire for all your continued hard work in ensuring the safe return of football.
However, it is imperative that everyone involved in the grassroots game continues to be vigilant and follows the governments restrictions and the guidance set in place by the Football Association. For the avoidance of any doubt, any teams where it is found that Players, Coaches, Volunteers or Spectators are not adhering to the government restrictions and FA guidance will face sanctions for non-compliance, including removal of fixtures.
Grassroots football and other sporting activities are permitted despite wider restrictions because of the benefits of sport and physical activity for people’s physical and mental wellbeing. If people act irresponsibly when participating in grassroots football (including off the pitch, and when socialising before and after activity) they jeopardise public health and undermine the case for safe sport to take place.
The Football Association and County FA’s are responsible for ensuring that clubs and leagues are running their activities safely, and we will take action to address any issues, including putting in place additional measures or suspending players / teams / leagues / clubs which do not adhere to guidance.
If there are serious or consistent concerns with non-compliance of COVID guidelines at grassroots football which fail to be addressed, then the government may revoke the ability for grassroots football to take place.
The following are the collective agreements that are now in place for all football taking place in the East Midlands & South Yorkshire.
- From the updated guidance provided adult clubs and individuals (Players, Coaches and Spectators) cannot move in or out of a ‘Very High’, Tier 3 region to participate.
- For absolute clarity the above means that travel is NOT permitted from a Tier 3 to another Tier 3 area (For example Nottinghamshire to Derbyshire and or Vice Versa)
- For list of Tier areas and groups click here
Youth Football (Under 18’s), Including Disability Football
- With regards to youth football (Under 18’s) and all disability football. At this present time there are no new restrictions on movement/travel of youth teams, players, coaches and or volunteers irrespective of which Tier you are in.
- Match Officials are exempt and are free to travel within the tiers.
We cannot stress enough the critical importance of all involved in the game doing their level best to allow the grassroots game to continue. Our key guidance in the East Midlands & South Yorkshire is as follows:
- Social distancing wherever possible for players, and always in the case of spectators
- Robust hygiene standards as per risk assessments but including the wearing of masks in toilet blocks etc.
- Effective registering of attendees primarily via the NHS Test and Trace QR code system
- All spectators are discouraged from attending adult games
- Strongly recommend at all youth games a maximum of one accompanying adult per child, wherever possible
- Provide local adult fixtures within your catchment area, as detailed in the statement above.
There may also be local restrictions per local authority/city region which supersedes any provisions in the FA guidance, for example, Spectators attending matches
For full FA COVID-19 Guidance
Elaine Oram (Chief Executive Officer) - 07960 996663 Mon, Weds, Fri
Leanne Woodhead-Groves (Head Of Football Operations, Deputy CEO, Facilities Lead) - 07866 914470 Tues, Weds, Thurs
Vacant (Designated Safeguarding Officer) - please contact Elaine Oram
Craig Lee (Senior Football Services Officer, Tech Lead inc Affiliations & Player Reg) - 07496 416270
Ezekiel Teya ( Discipline & Respect Officer) - 07496 416271 Weds, Thurs, Fri
Debbie Irving-Tidy (Finance / PA) - 07939 560454 Tues, Weds, Thurs
Julie Mitchell (Admin Support, inc Player Reg) - 07792 189621 Mon, Tues, Weds
Melissa Burgin (Development Officer, Referee Lead) - 07944 840002 Mon, Tues, Weds
Marc Birkett (Development Officer, Clubs, League & Workforce) - 07956 020606 Weds, Thurs, Fri
Sara Dickinson (Development Officer, Disability & Inclusion) - 07970 329462 Weds, Thurs, Fri
Michelle Marshall (Development Officer, Participation) - 07534 268996 Mon, Tues, Weds