Job Title: Disability Football Ambassador
Location: Meetings to be based from: Nottinghamshire Football Association, Chilwell, Nottingham, NG9 6RZ. Role will be required to be out and about at Grassroots Clubs in Nottinghamshire.
Closing Date: Friday 14th July 2023
Vacancy Type: Casual Contract. 100 hours per contract.
No. of Roles Available: 1
Here at Nottinghamshire CFA, we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering the National Game Strategy. The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate, and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of grassroots football in Nottinghamshire. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County FA to support developing more opportunities for local grassroots football.
Nottinghamshire FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
Nottinghamshire FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with a passion for grassroots disability football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Disability Club Training, build trustworthy and beneficial relationships with key stakeholders, creating more accessible opportunities for disabled players.
- Engage with selected England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Disability Club Training’.
- Signpost and help clubs access relevant support.
- Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners.
- Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders.
- Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club.
What we are looking for
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to have a good understanding of the challenges and barriers for people with disabilities and disability football clubs can face.
Equality and Diversity
Nottinghamshire FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
- Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form below no later than 5pm on Friday 14th July 2023. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 20th July 2023 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 26th July 2023
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sophie.Swanwick@NottinghamshireFA.com for an informal discussion.