There has never been a better time to get involved and play football, whatever your ability level.
There are now more opportunities than ever to play football if you have a disability.
Nottinghamshire FA believe in flexible, inclusive and accessible playing opportunities for everyone, and are committed to delivering a range of opportunities for players with a disability to access football at various levels across the county.
Working with Nottinghamshire Disability Football Family we are leading the way in developing a range of new opportunities, ensuring everyone who wants to be involved in the game has the opportunity to participate, develop and reach their full potential.
Nottinghamshire Disability Football Family are a steering group that work together with all relevant associations, organisations, groups, clubs and individuals to develop a comprehensive football development programme for disabled people in Nottinghamshire.
The Groups Objectives are:
- Actively increase local football playing opportunities for disabled people
- Improve the quality of coaching available to disabled people
- Establish a local competition structure
- Create performance pathways
- Raise the profile and awareness of football for disabled people
- Establish regular training sessions at football clubs for junior and adult players
- Increase communication and liaison with local shools/ clubs and disability groups
- Promotion of local playing opportunities for disabled people
- To provide links into mainstream football
- To develop coaches who are appropriately qualified and hold a Football Association Coaching Qualification.
- Development of local inter-club/ school competition structures.